Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fun with the Fae, or My Adventures at Faerie Con





As I mentioned in my last post I spent this past weekend as a merchant at Faerie Con. This was the 3rd Faerie Con, I attended the two previous Cons as a day tripper, which was fun, but nothing in comparison to being there all weekend and being part of the show, well as much as a merchant ever is.



My table was in the hall outside the ball room, which allowed us to listen to the balls as well as the bands warming up. The amount of creativity all gathered in one place was quite staggering. Not just from the various merchants, but from the attendees as well. Costumes ran the gamut from Tinker Bell tee shirts and jeans to some of the most elaborate gowns and wings I’ve ever seen.

The highlight of the weekend may have been a short but potentially meaningful conversation with the production manager on Saturday afternoon. We briefly discussed my work and some possibilities for next year. As the year progresses and things become more definite I will undoubtedly share more information, for now let me just say that I have several new areas of inspiration and can't wait to get to work on my new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment