At the moment I'm working towards completing a "Shakespeare Challenge" for the ArtDolls Only Team. I've chosen to work from "The Tempest" and I thought my Brownie dolls would be the best choices for Caliban. So, I pulled out those patterns sewed up a bunch of parts, turned, stuffed and closed them. Then I got to play, I love sitting with my pins and the dolls body parts and trying out different combinations until I find the ones that seem to really work together. Once I get them all sewn together as I've posed them then I will sit with my fabric paints, trims and accessories and see what happens next. But, I'm not there yet, so here are the pics so far...
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Works in progress
I thought I'd share some of my doll making process with you. There are many ways of working on any artistic project. Some people always know what the end product will/should look like from the outset. Occasionally I have a notion where I'm going but in general I prefer to work with my materials and see where they take me. I have designed my own patterns and I have a growing stash of fabrics and part of the fun is to see how those two elements "speak" to each other.
Posted by Toadstools at 8:55 AM